Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger markup

Old 05-03-2007, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger markup

I'll pay 2-3k over msrp max, but if there is one thing I've learned in life is NEVER RUSH IN, patience always pays off in the end when it comes to buying new. Or even wait till some shmuck has to sell his 08 Challey cause he can't afford to feed it or to insure it. Nothing wrong with letting other people take the upfront hit on on something new and then swoop in to make a deal on something that is as good as new.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't stand most car dealers- had too many bad experiences. [:@]

I refuse to pay over MSRP. I expect that the price will come down in 2009 as more models are produced and the Challenger "fever" cools somewhat. If the price stays unreasonably high, I am buying a Charger SRT.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:12 AM

For those of you that are pissing and moaning about the dealers and there markup. I am not the owner of this store or any other store for that matter. If it was up to me every store in the nation would have one price for there cars and end the back and fourth over price/payment/trade. I don't make the rules! I do however have to compete with the market to maximize profits so I can keep my job and food on the table for my kids. We all have to make money and feed our family's mouths.
You bitch and bitch about salesmen but little do you realize that every last one of your sorry ass's work for a salesman. The owner of your company had to sell his product to someone right? That's right you work for a church, you don't think the man in the front speeking to everyone is not a salesman. He still has to sell himself to keep you coming back right? You talk about supply and demand? Look at this site, you people are making the demand and DCX is providing the supply. I can not believe some of the stupid shit I see on this web site! Who gives a horse's ass what the 1st song you are going to play or what your plate frame is going to say but us dealers are reading this shit and can clearly see the demand for our product. Then you walk in and try to put your hard earned money down for a car that doesn't even exist yet?

What does all of this tell us?
Sorry if you think we are all a bunch of dirty car salesman and some of us are. I have no problem showing my customers what my profit is on a vehicle as long as they ask. The store that I work for will have a mark up of $2999 that is it! Cause that is what is on every car on the lot. The Challenger will not be as flexible as most others but I am not here to rip anyone off by any means. I will however give you a little tip if you want the best deal on a new car, purchase on the last day of the month and have you financing in order.

One last thing, the Challenger is going to be built as the all new Wrangler Unlimited was as far as production. You will have a hard time finding this car on a lot for quite some time due to prodution #'s. They will build slowly to keep the demand high.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: dodgesales

They will build slowly to keep the demand high.
And to maximize profits.

Poor poor pitiful you. Most car salesmen would hammer their own mother for more profits. I don't so much mind the new car salesmen, but the used car salesmen I could tell you some stories about.

It's all about the bucks. You want to make them, we want to save them. I also want to save money to put food on the table for the family, so (in this context) we really aren't that different.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:10 AM

Your right we are not.
I agree with you, I also can't stand the used car salesman mentallity. I refuse to put up with that in this store. I don't hire the crack heads that are looking for the quick buck that care nothing for there customers or there fellow employees. All of my salesman are trained on the new car product, not the used car salesmanship.
And sorry to say but we don't all rip off our own mothers, that is probably your problem with people and your own social skills. Try and go to a 5 star Chrysler store and talk to a real new car salesman and get over it. You automaticly assume that salesman are that way so that is how you are going to be treated. You treat them like shit and they are going to treat you the same. Do yourself a favor and change. You do work for a salesman don't you?
Old 05-13-2007, 11:47 AM

wow.. i guess we will have to wait and see wont we. It is like the first year when the acrua nsx came out.. high demand. In fact a friend of mine that works at a local dealership told me that Joe Montana wanted to buy one (yes the old quarterback for the niners) he was willing to pay $10k over invoice and sign autographs...and they had to tell him "no" since they had already sold their alotment... the funny thing was is that after about a month they were checking around and found certain dealerships could not move them at all and they would have been glad to trade cars as most dealers do. so i recommed look around at different dealers and as i said before, i am shopping on the web.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:58 AM

Remember one thing, "The internet doesn't sell cars"!
Old 05-13-2007, 01:33 PM

true.... but it does put all the dealers on the same playing field and it is the only way i have bought my last three new cars... and yes i got a great deal on all three, got quotes from dealers as far away as 100 miles... they know they have to give me a great price since i am not a local. usually i end up dealing with someone in the fleet department..lol probably not too many salesmen in the fleet department going to be selling challengers
Old 05-13-2007, 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: dodgesales

And sorry to say but we don't all rip off our own mothers, that is probably your problem with people and your own social skills. Try and go to a 5 star Chrysler store and talk to a real new car salesman and get over it. You automaticly assume that salesman are that way so that is how you are going to be treated. You treat them like shit and they are going to treat you the same. Do yourself a favor and change. You do work for a salesman don't you?
About my socials skills, they are OK, however when I post I don't have any words edited (**** in the threads caused by a word censor that is a part of the admin functions) out such as you. So until you can post a thread without the word censor kicking in, don't talk to me about social skills.

I don't work in any part of sales. I am a lineman for an electric utility company, my function is to hook people up to a new service or turn their power on during storms. I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE COST OF ELECTRIC POWER!

Actually you picked the wrong site to come in whining and crying about sales, especially when your business is going to make a large profit on a car that is desired. Not only will you make MSRP, which carries a good sized profit, you (your company) will add thousands over MSPR to make more profits, until you can't do that anymore, then drop back down to MSRP. Dodge isn't any different than Ford on the Shelby 500 or GMC on the 2004 GTO. All do it as a manner of supply and demand.

So let me ask you this............you get the first Challenger in town, you know people want it and you have it, and probably a waiting list.

Are you going to:

A. Sell it for MSRP as a matter of good will
B. Sell if for what you can get for it.

If your answer is A, good for you.
If your answer is B, whine someplace else, because like a Challenger over MSRP, I won't buy into it.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Who gives a horse's ass what the 1st song you are going to play or what your plate frame is going to say but us dealers are reading this **** and can clearly see the demand for our product.

Okay so it sounds like you are a manager of sales people. That being said, I think you need to be more calloused in those remarks as you know how people feel about sales people at car dealerships. Maybe you are a young manager and haven't gotten used to that. While I appreciated you trying to give us some information (Wrangler unlimited example) you need to get rid of those censor **** remarks. This forum for has been a friendly forum for 16 months. We do not take kindly to those kind of curse words
nor negative connotation here about what gets posted here such as the first song you will play in the Challenger.

By the way, I posted the first song being play in the Challenger back in March 2006: https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/m...y_/tm.htm#2176

We are just having fun because of the excitement. If you do not like a post or forum, just do not read it.

Please stay within these guidelines and everything will be okay.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: Challenger markup